PADI Diving Courses in Thailand
Learn to Dive in Phuket, Phi Phi or Krabi
Search for your training programme:
PADI Dive Course List
• Price List
Or receive your shortlist of PADI course adventures:
Book Now, Pay Later
You do NOT have to pay up front in full.
We need only a 20% deposit when you book a course. The balance is paid on arrival ...
Why is it that Thailand is such a popular place for dive courses? Can it be the gorgeous weather, fantastic beaches, professionally run diving outfits? Or is it just the clear warm waters and the colourful, tropical sea-life? Whatever the reason, Thailand is the top choice of many and could be the best bet for you too. Dive The World Thailand is a 5 Star Dive Centre and we offer a full range of PADI courses for Phuket, Phi Phi Islands and Krabi.
From your first tentative lesson in Discover Scuba Diving to the mastery of all things PADI in the instructor course, you can do it all here and plenty more besides in the land of smiles ...
Are you interested in:
- Earning your ticket to a lifetime of ultimate adventure?
- Learning how to dive in a safe, fun environment with friendly professionals?
- Going at your own speed and becoming a confident and competent diver?
- Exploring planet Earth's last undiscovered frontier?
- Revving up your skills to the next level?
- Attaining leadership experience as a scuba professional?
- Going Pro as a PADI Divemaster?
Then we have a PADI course for you!
There are a lot of dive centres out there running dive courses and it is important that you have confidence in your choice. Not all companies offer the same level of quality or professionalism, so ...
Why choose Dive The World Thailand?
- We offer a high level of training, done at a superb facility. It features a swimming pool from 1.3m in the shallow end to 3m in the deep end, air-conditioned classrooms with DVD players and plasma TVs, changing rooms, equipment room, restaurant, bar and toilets.
- Our dive boats are 2 of the best in Phuket. They are are 26m long, capable of carrying up to 30 divers but still offering a lot of relaxation space on board, on the upper deck and the sun deck, plus 3 toilet/showers and also 2 deck showers. The dive platform offers easy water entries and exits. There are also shaded areas where meals and cold drinks are served. The boats carry comprehensive first aid kits, life jackets, fire extinguishers and emergency oxygen. GPS and radio are also part of the on board equipment.
- All the crew are highly trained and have been working for several seasons now, offering a high level of professionalism throughout the day. Our dive instructors are all PADI certified and have years of teaching experience.
- The scuba equipment that you will use is in great condition and is serviced annually, as are the tanks and compressor.
- We supply all the dive gear you will need during the course. You can also choose a book and DVD package or a multimedia DVD-ROM that covers what you need to know about basic scuba diving skills, terminology and safety procedures. This is for you to keep!
- Read 8 great reasons to book with Dive The World.
Read what our students have to say about us and their course experiences:
Simply decide on...
- Which programme?
- Private 1-on-1 or group instruction?
- Phuket, Phi Phi Islands or Krabi?
Then choose your Thailand diving course below...
Private or Group Instruction?
[Only available in Phuket]
Your dives finish when YOU run low on air. This means with private 1-on-1 instruction your dives are much longer. Expect them to last about 45 minutes, 50% more than with group instruction.
There are also no other students to cause you hold-ups and slow you down, so you get to spend more time checking out the fish and less time waiting around and practising skills.
You can expect to spend 75% of your time underwater enjoying the reef, and 25% for demonstrating your scuba skills. So when you learn to dive in Phuket the easy way, it's with the most fun too.
With group instruction the whole group ends the dives together, as soon as the first student runs low on air. This means your dives are much shorter than with private instruction.
Expect to spend 75% of your time underwater with your group learning skills, and 25% enjoying the reef and fish.
The Low Down
| ||Ultimate Instructor safety and attention||Shared attention|
| ||Dives last longer||Shorter dives|
| ||More fun time on each dive||More waiting time|
| ||Learn faster - Open Water in only 3 days||Learn slower|
| ||Greater choice of sites||Pre-scheduled sites |
| ||Flexible start and finish times||Start 08:00 hrs, finish 18:00 hrs|
| ||Top Quality||Lowest Price|
For details of the courses and prices available in Thailand click on...
• Discover Scuba Diving
Introduction to scuba - non-license
• Scuba Diver
Pre-entry level - intermediate license
• Open Water Diver
Full scuba diving license
• Adventure Diver
Stepping stone to Advanced
• Advanced Open Water Diver
Licensed to dive to 30 m
• Emergency First Response
New medical programme
• Rescue Diver
Learn to help your dive buddy
Change your life...Go Pro!
• Scuba Review
For specialty course details and prices click on...
Parents: Kids can go diving too! Read more about our options available for your children to learn how to dive: PADI diving courses for children
• Price List
Phuket diving course prices INCLUDE student dive insurance. Also normally included are an experienced PADI instructor, use of scuba equipment, own copy of student study manual to keep, use of all the latest PADI training materials, certification costs, pool training in purpose-built 3 metre diving pool, breakfast, lunch and drinks on the boat, and hotel transfers every day of your course from the main tourist resorts of Patong, Karon, Kata, Kamala and Rawai.
Languages available: English, Italian, French, Scandinavian, German, Spanish and Russian
All courses can start every day, all year round.
Got a question?
Have a look through our Frequently asked questions
We recommend that you take out insurance to cover diving and travel activities, including trip cancellation. See our insurance programme for a competitive quote.
If you require hotel accommodation for your course you can get the best value rooms with Agoda, our affiliated hotel reservation specialists: